I have read a lot of books on preaching. Since my dissertation focused on preaching, I have read many more than I ever expected to read and I still enjoy them and consume them regularly. Like books on other subjects, some books on preaching are better than others. Some are worth your time and some are not. To help those of you who may be looking for good books on preaching, I’ve compiled a list of the books that I have found to be most beneficial.
I list these alphabetically so as to show no partiality because each of them have particular merits that qualify them.
- Between Two Worlds, John R. W. Stott
- Biblical Preaching, Haddon Robinson
- He is Not Silent, Al Mohler
- The Joy of Preaching (or Lectures on Preaching as it was originally titled), Phillips Brooks
- Lectures to my Students, Charles Spurgeon
- On the Preparation and Delivery of Sermons, John Broadus
- Preaching, Tim Keller
- Preaching and Preachers, D. Martin Lloyd-Jones
- Preaching that Changes Lives, Mike Fabarez
- Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture, Graeme Goldsworthy
- Spirit-Led Preaching, Greg Heisler
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching, John Piper
What other books would you add to this list? Are there any on my list that you would remove?